Brownfield Briefing Awards 2017
The Brownfield Briefing Awards have become the flagship event for the brownfield community, and is one of the highest industry accolades that a company can receive. The annual awards recognise technical and conceptual excellence in projects that have been underway over the past 12 months.
This will be the 13th year for the Brownfield Briefing Awards, which will once again recognise all that is best practice in the remediation sector by UK-based companies. With the economic, social, legal and environmental challenges that the industry has faced during the last few years, we believe we can look forward to some of the most innovative entries to date. These highly regarded awards will be extensively promoted across the industry and trade press to recognise the hard work and creative solutions being applied to the projects by entrants.
Being selected as a winner or as a highly commended project, you'll receive free PR from us throughout the post-event marketing campaign. As well as this, it is a great opportunity to create positive publicity for your business. Any person or organisation, including those directly involved with the nominated scheme or project, may submit an entry. Entry is free.
Closing date for all entries is 7 July 2017.
Date: Thursday 28 September, 2017
Venue: Grange Tower Bridge Hotel, 45 Prescot Street, London, E1 8GP
- Category 1: Best use of a combination of remediation techniques
- Category 2: Best in situ treatment
- Category 3: Best conceptual design
- Category 4: Best scoping or operation of a site investigation
- Category 5: Best project closure/verification process
- Category 6: Best public participation (including use of visualisation)
- Category 7: Best re-use of materials on a project
- Category 8: Best science/laboratory advance
- Category 9: Best digital innovation in brownfield (NEW)
- Category 10: Best urban regeneration project
- Category 11: Best brownfield infrastructure project
- Category 12: Best biodiversity enhancement (including SuDS)
- Category 13: Best young brownfield professional
How to enter
To enter, please complete the Entry Form, clearly stating for which category the scheme or project is being nominated. All entries should clearly address each of the marking categories clearly, fully and individually and be backed by appropriate quantitative evidence. In the event of joint entries please list all organisations that should be recognised on the Award if successful.
Once you have filled out the form please also send the following accompanying material for each entry to email@example.com:
1. A statement comprising a maximum of 2000 words and up to 6 graphics (e.g. images, diagrams, charts) succinctly describing the details of the project and demonstrating why it represents best practice in the category. Please provide the statement in PDF format for distribution to the judges and also as an MS-Word format document (to assist us in publishing the winning entries promptly in the Winners Guide after the ceremony).
2. 1 or 2 PowerPoint slides illustrating key aspects of the entry and including the company name(s) of the entrants, to be displayed at the Awards ceremony in the event that you win an Award.
3. A logo for every company associated with the entry, (eps file or high resolution JPEG, 300dpi).
Please ensure that your material is clearly labelled with the category number you would like it to be entered for.
The slides for the winning entries will be shown at the event to accompany the announcement and must bear the entrants name(s) and project or entry title.
Please note that we would normally NOT expect joint/duplicate entries for categories 4, 7 & 8 unless specifying a reason for the joint entry.
Register your entry by clicking on the button above and filling out the online form. Please note that the online form only requires your company and contact information and the category you wish to be entered in for. All accompanying material including a statement of a maximum of 2000 works and up to 6 graphics, 1 or 2 PowerPoint slides and a logo should be submitted afterwards by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clive Boyle - Chairman
- Jonathan Atkinson - Environment Agency
- Jonathan Steeds - Atkins
- Frank Wescott - Westenviro
- Richard Boyle - Homes and Communities Agency
- Christine Mardle - Hydrock
- Stephan Jefferis - Environmental Geotechnics
- James Cartwright - McAuliffe
- David Rudland - Environmental Protection UK
- Ann Barker - Bradford Metropolitan Council
- Ian Grant - Brownfield Briefing
About the judging process
The judges will shortlist entries from each category based on the entry material submitted to the deadline. Any judge associated with any of the entries will withdraw from the relevant part of the adjudication.
Awards Sponsors play no part in the judging of the Awards.
The Award for winning projects takes the form of a special trophy. In exceptional circumstances the judges may also award High Commendations. The entrants for Highly Commended Schemes will be provided with a certificate.
Due to the very large volume of entries received, it is not possible for judges to provide feedback to entrants on the reasons for an entry's success or otherwise.
Begin the evening with a champagne reception, and mingle with industry peers before the dinner and ceremony gets underway. There will be further networking opportunities once the ceremony has finished, in the hotel bar.
To book your seat or table at the Awards dinner in central London call Faye Heslin-Jones on +44 (0)1743 387051, Yuliya Stuart on +44 (0)1743 387051 or email email@example.com.
Dress code: Lounge suit/Evening wear
Please note: the location of tables at the venue are allocated on a first come, first served basis after sponsor tables have been allocated in the seating plan. Names of table guests are required by 1 September 2017. Please provide the best contact to provide these details on your booking form.
- Drinks reception
- Three course meal
- Half bottle of wine per person
- Post-show bar
- Please note - we cannot guarantee where you will be seated
Table for 10 people
- Drinks reception
- Three course meal
- Half bottle of wine per person
- Post-show bar
- 7pm - Drinks reception
- 7.30pm - 9.30pm - Gala Dinner
- 9.30pm - Awards presentation
- 10.30pm - Cash bar
To reserve your table or seat at this exclusive event please call +44 (0)1743 387051 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Beautiful Brownfields photo competition 2017
Held at the gala dinner following the Brownfield Briefing Awards, this competition aims to celebrate the artistic, unusual and extraordinary characteristics of brownfield land. This is your chance to express your take on what makes a beautiful brownfield.
Open to all abilities, we want you to get your creative juices flowing and invite you to submit a photograph fitting the description of Beautiful Brownfields. It can be a site in mid-development where there's order among chaos; a macro image depicting the colours and textures of soil or a vast panorama showing the scale of work.
Prize: One year free subscription to Brownfield Briefing*
How to enter: Please send your photographs to: email@example.com with the subject line 'Beautiful Brownfields Photo Competition'. Entry is free and you can submit up to 5 photographs. Please submit all photo entries before the 31st August 2017.
We received some impressive entries in past years - can you match them?
Talk about this on Twitter: #beautifulbrownfields
*The winner of the 2017 Brownfield Briefing Beautiful Brownfields photo competition will receive a free standard subscription to Brownfield Briefing for one year. Existing Brownfield Briefing subscribers will receive a free standard subscription for one year at their next renewal or the equivalent discount at their next renewal (depending on subscription level). Entries close 5pm 31st August 2017.
If you are interested in sponsoring this years 13th awards and reaching over 400 senior industry professionals at the Brownfield Briefing Awards presentation, then call Faye Heslin-Jones on +44 (0)1743 387051 or Symone Wallace on +44 (0)20 3637 2191 to discuss sponsorship opportunities.
The Brownfield Briefing Awards offers a unique opportunity to meet developers, remediators, contractors and stakeholders that are involved in a broad range of innovative projects and developments in the UK and abroad. The Awards ceremony brings together the most notable, successful and reputable companies in the sector, so why not place your company at the forefront of this annual celebration and associate your brand with the leading event on performance in the brownfield sector?
Your company will benefit from a high-profile marketing campaign pre and post-event; exhibition stand in the bar area; logo on direct and email marketing; logo on the Brownfield Awards website, certificates, menu and presentation slides; full-page advert in the Winner's Guide, which is distributed to all winners, subscribers and to a controlled circulation list after the event.
- Lead Sponsorship - sponsorship of the entire Awards ceremony
- Award Sponsorship - sponsorship of an individual Award, to include presenting the award
- Bar Sponsorship - sponsor the bar for the evening