You will need to be an efficient worker and enjoy the challenge of a growth-orientated environment, a Able to work in a team and, at times, independently. The role will require close working with members of the various environmental teams across the UK and in Europe, as well as with staff across other Business Lines. You will contribute proactively to ensure consulting services are consistently delivered to the highest standards, meeting and exceeding clients’ needs.
We have an extensive portfolio of work and the role will involve management/direction, and acquisition, of projects of various sizes including energy (including nuclear and renewables), industry, port and coastal developments, flood and coastal defence, and more general development schemes. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake air quality work within the context of EIA and Environmental Permitting as well as more standalone air quality projects. Projects typically include those in the renewables, energy from waste, flood alleviation, mixed use development and general industry sectors. You will be expected to provide robust advice to other members of the HaskoningDHV team, be able to individually develop your own leads and promote rewarding business development, and assist in the smooth running and continued successful development of the team.
You must be able to lead and deliver first-class assessment services to both internal and external clients, to undertake survey and modelling work, to contribute to the costing and budgeting of those services, and to be involved in external communication and growth of the team.
Ongoing contact with project managers, discipline lead and team leaders, and networking within the business group and company as a whole, will be key to the successful execution of the role, both in terms of winning new project work and to ensure continual involvement on current projects.
Main areas of work will be:
- Practice leadership, coordination and development
- Environmental consultancy
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and environmental appraisal
- Supporting the delivery of developments and projects within the UK Consent and Planning system and/or Marine Licensing regime
- Environmental investigations, monitoring, data analysis and assessment
- General support to senior technical specialists and the wider team
- Bachelors (essential) and Masters degree (desirable) in a core science, environmental science, or related discipline
- IAQM membership or equivalent chartered status
- Excellent air quality technical skills from desk studies and dispersion modelling, to emissions management and control experience
- Solid understanding of legislative and other drivers, including industry best practice and the EIA process, which form the framework within which air quality work is carried out
- Substantial experience of working in a consultancy
- Strong network across relevant industry sectors, including both clients and relevant regulators
- Proven track record in robust project management (including financial), ensuring effective execution, where applicable under a Senior Project Manager, in line with Project Management guidelines and Management System procedure
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organisational, analytical and time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team
- Commercial acumen and recognition of growth of services
- Confidence at the client-interface
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer