A new Insight Report from Environment Analyst sheds light on the rapidly changing policy and financial landscape in the US, and the implications of those shifts, as assessed by top environmental executives at five companies with a major North American presence.
‘Energy, equity and expertise: three linchpins of an evolving US market,’ explores the legacy of the Trump administration, the dramatic about-turn proposed by President Biden, the implications of trillions of dollars worth of funding for infrastructure and the environment, and the limiting factors that could put a brake on what contributors agree is a potentially explosive market.
Themes discussed include:
- Energy: the old, the new, and the role of environmental consulting companies
- Equity: how environmental justice is increasingly front-and-centre of new projects
- Expertise: how specialist knowledge will give consultancies the edge in key areas, and how skills shortages could blunt it
- EPA: how new funding will underpin a likely return to science-based policy making
- ESG: how an increasingly sustainability-focused, climate risk-averse investment sector is hastening change
Download the report here to learn how consulting bosses at Arcadis, GHD, Montrose, Mott MacDonald and WSP view the opportunities and challenges presented as the world’s biggest environmental market reaches a major inflection point.
"We have an overlay of both the policy force and the market force. When those two align over a period of time, a lot of change will happen."
The Insight Report also presents EA's latest market figures, competitor rankings and growth projections for North America, and gives a taste of the themes to be explored in greater depth at our Global Business Summit, being held virtually on 8-9 June 2021. Many of the contributors to this report will be present and available for discussion at that event.