Black & Veatch
|Job title||Bat Ecologist|
|Salary range||30,000 to 40,000|
Tel: 01737 856 217
|Summary||Black & Veatch are recruiting for a Bat Ecologist in our Redhill, Surrey office.|
Principal Purpose: To manage the ecological deliverables across projects. Key Duties
• To lead and develop our in-house bat capability and provide mentoring to more junior ecologists.
• Providing general field and office ecological support on a wide range of projects including fluvial and coastal flood risk management, water utility, rail, renewable/ energy projects and other large scale infrastructure;
• Managing and writing all stages of Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA) and HRA;
• Oversee licence applications and mitigation;
• Supporting business development and tenders. Education and training Environmental related degree. Academic and professional qualifications
• Full member of CIEEM;
• Chartered Ecologist or Environmentalist;
• Licenced bat ecologist. Background and experience Excellent grounding in all stages of ecological assessment including PEAs and EcIA, preferably in relation to flood/coastal management, rail, water utility or energy projects. In addition to bats should be competent to lead most of the following surveys:
• Extended Phase 1 survey
• Water vole
• Amphibians incl GCN
• Invasive plants
• Reptiles Experience of Habitats Regulations Assessments Experienced in Ecological Clerk of Works role Knowledge Base
• Ecological Impact Assessment (including Preliminary Environmental Assessment and EcIA).
• Best practice methods of ecological surveys and mitigation.
• Previous experience of working for a consultancy.
• Enjoy innovation and embracing advances in technology and Ecology.
• Design of habitat creation/restoration
• Ecology elements of BREEAM/CEEQUAL Skills Team player and effective communication skills. excellent written and oral communication. Personal Attributes
• Professional manner.
Any Additional Requirements Full driving licence.
Please note: this job's application deadline has now passed