Mott MacDonald joins Arcadis, Atkins, Delta-Simons, ERM, Jacobs, Ramboll, WSP and Wood in working collaboratively to harness the environmental and sustainability consultancy sector’s potential to deliver sustainable change.
The Sustainability Delivery Group was established in 2019 to help the sector communicate its role and value to clients and stakeholders in addressing the existential challenges facing humanity from environmental degradation, climate change and biodiversity losses. An important role of the Group is to facilitate partnerships with each other and key stakeholders, in line with SDG 17 (the UN Sustainable Development Goal on partnerships).
Although social unrest, digitalisation, commercial restraints and now COVID-19 have created immense challenges, it has also provided the opportunity to enact change. The Sustainability Delivery Group aims to position the environmental and sustainability consultancy sector to play a key role in shaping the recovery.
The objectives of the Sustainability Delivery Group are:
- To improve the value proposition of the environmental and sustainability consultancy industry
- To drive forward the industry's leadership role in providing innovative solutions to mitigate the climate and biodiversity crises
- To listen carefully to client sectors' needs and promote stakeholder dialogue with consultancy practice leaders
It also seeks to:
- Inspire the next generation of sustainability leaders
- Promote diversity, equity and inclusion
- Promote international business opportunities
- Represent the whole E&S consulting sector, large and small, specialist and multidisciplinary
Lucy Morton, global environment practice leader at Mott MacDonald said: "Securing a sustainable future for societies and the environment locally and globally has never been more important, with the COVID-19 pandemic and the likely massive impact of climate change focusing minds everywhere on this challenge.
"We in the environmental consultancy sector have a unique role to play in being leaders in driving forward progress in sustainability and net zero so I am excited that Mott MacDonald is joining the Sustainability Delivery Group. Having been the first company in our class to be independently certified as carbon neutral globally last year we know that working together - with clients, with colleagues, with our peers – is key to achieving progress. "