At Soilfix we pride ourselves on continually advancing our understanding and management of risk in the ground. The driving force behind this and our constant business growth is the presence of skilled and dedicated Project Managers.
We’re searching for a highly skilled Project Manager to contribute to Soilfix’s growth and help us maintain our position as a leading innovative remediation contractor. The ideal candidate will have remediation experience as well as strong work plan development and programme oversight skills. He/She will be expected to prepare and present progress updates to management on a regular basis, ensuring the innovation we seek is being achieved.
Objectives of this Role:
• Build and develop project teams to ensure maximum performance, providing purpose, direction, and motivation
• Lead remediation projects from tender handover through mobilisation, identifying tasks, scopes, budgets and project implementation plans, including risk mitigation whilst taking advantage of opportunities
• To coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets, in collaboration with project staff
• Analyse project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope, timelines, and costs to ensure that the project team adheres to project requirements
• Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate client stakeholders, providing dayto-day contact on project status and changes
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
• Establish and maintain processes to manage scope over the project lifecycle, setting project quality and performance standards, and assessing and managing risk within, and across, multiple projects
• Structure and manage project performance for multiple remediation projects, with an eye on overall progress and financial performance
• Lead project workshops and progress meetings to update the Soilfix & client teams on latest site conditions including risks & opportunities to innovate and exceed project expectations
• Develop and maintain relationships with external resources including third-party suppliers and specialist sub-contractors
• Monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency and maximise performance as measured against Soilfix KPIs
• Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management as required— escalating issues as necessary based on project work plans
• Adhere to legal regulations and follow remediation best practice guidance, liaising with regulators where required
Required Skills and Qualifications
• 7+ years experience in a contaminated land remediation or related industry
• Strong attention to project deadlines and budgets
• Excel at commercial management of projects
• Proven success working with all levels of management
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• A valid driving licence.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
• Experience in using project programming software to plan, track and report project sequencing / progress
• Experience supervising and training project teams to strengthen team members’ capabilities and skill sets.
• Working knowledge of a range of soil and groundwater remedial technologies, asbestos in soil, and the CL:AIRE Definition of Waste: Development Industry Code of Practice
• Good understanding of earthworks principles and best practice
Based: Can work remotely but will be expected to regularly visit Soilfix offices, sites, clients and suppliers throughout England and Wales. Some overnight stays will be required (expenses covered)
Reporting to: Technical Director