Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions
|Job title||Senior Geoenvironmental Consultant|
|Summary||Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions have an opportunity for a motivated and client focused individual to join and contribute to our successful and expanding remediation and ground engineering team in the southeast.|
The successful candidate will join our growing team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technically excellent solutions. We have an opportunity for a contaminated land / geoenvironmental professional supporting our broad range of public and private sector clients on a variety of projects, within the UK and Europe . Key requirements include technical knowledge and robustness, flexibility and the desire to continue improving performance in all aspects of your role. The role will be based from our multi-disciplinary office in London where you will be working alongside our Built Environment teams.
• Leading technical elements of projects and proposals to agreed budgets in relation to time, cost and quality.
• Management of medium/large scale geoenvironmental projects or tasks including desk studies, ground investigations, risk assessments and remediation designs.
• Supervision of technical delivery, ensuring a high quality output.
• Leading interpretation and assessment of data to support site appraisals, including checking work undertaken by others.
• Leading site teams across a range of projects.
• Development of HSSE plans and RAMS.
• Identifying and securing new work opportunities.
• Management of site works, including specifying and managing ground investigation contracts
• Development of remediation options appraisals and strategies, management of remediation contractors is desirable
• Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards
• Mentoring and developing team members Skills / Qualifications
• Relevant technical degree e.g. chemistry, engineering, geology or environmental science.
• A higher degree in contaminated land, hydrogeology, geotechnical engineering, or similar, is desirable.
• A health and safety based qualification relevant to the safe management of ground investigation and/or remediation works would be desirable. This may include relevant CSCS, CITB or IOSH based schemes (e.g. Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme, Site Management Safety Training Scheme and/or safe supervision of geoenvironmental projects).
• Candidates must hold membership of a relevant industry organisation and as a minimum be working towards chartered status Experience
• Experience of delivering assessment of land contamination within the UK regulatory framework with regard to current and future use of a site • Experience in the planning, designing and supervision/leading of ground investigations, including a sound knowledge and proven application of relevant health and safety legislation (e.g. CDM 2015) and management via the creation and implementation of safe systems of work
• Experience in interpretation of data to develop conceptual models and assess the risks posed by soil, ground gas and groundwater quality.
• Experience with the design and site work associated with remediation of land contamination
• Experience of presenting technical information in a concise and accurate manner
• Experience of mentoring team members to develop their abilities
• Experience and sound working knowledge of industry standard contracts for both ground investigation (Infrastructure Conditions of Contract Ground Investigation Version) and remediation (NEC Engineering and Construction Contract and/or ICE Conditions of Contract)
• Experience and sound working knowledge of industry standard and tailored bespoke specifications for both ground investigation (e.g. UK Specification for Ground Investigation, 2nd edition) and/or remediation. Also cost management of such via use of associated bills of quantity
• Experience of geotechnical data management and interpretation tools such as Holebase and/or Gint. Also a basic knowledge of the use of GIS based systems Skills/Attributes
• Excellence and leadership in health and safety aspects of projects
• Communicate effectively, listen and engage, including communicating technical information effectively verbally and in writing both internally and externally
• Ability to innovate and develop in your technical area and to continually seek to improve performance in all aspects of role
• Work in collaborative project teams to achieve results by effective communication, sharing of information etc
• Flexibility to work across the UK for specific projects or longer-term assignments would be advantageous
• A full UK driving licence is required
Please note: this job's application deadline has now passed