Environment Analyst invited senior executives from five leading environmental consulting providers to discuss the current and future market drivers and growth prospects, amidst the challenges facing their businesses and the wider industry on account of Brexit.
With the UK EC sector only just having rediscovered its mojo post-recession - helped by a rise in demand for services within the infrastructure & development sector in particular - we find out how some firms are planning for their future growth and development given the uncertainties surrounding the economy, investment levels, government policy and the professional workforce now the UK is set to leave the European Union.
With thanks to our contributors - including senior representatives from Arup, Delta-Simons, Golder, Ramboll and Royal HaskoningDHV - for sharing their perspectives on managing the changes and challenges afoot.
This report includes a look at:
- How national infrastructure and large-scale development projects are underpinning growth in the UK EC market, and whether there is concern about the recently reduced pipeline of projects
- Risks vs. rewards of big-ticket projects - funding, management, resourcing and procurement challenges, with reference to the recent demise of contractor Carillion
- What is expected in terms of government policy/regulatory changes - including the 25-year environment plan and NPPF review, and the direction of Brexit negotiations
- How firms are addressing the widening skills gap and concerns about the free flow of EU talent into and out of the UK in the light of Brexit
- EA’s market forecast projections for the next five years
This special Insight Report is available to our UK MIS subscribers as a pdf download. Please log in (button on top right of page) to view the full report, if you are not already.