The £100,000-£499,999 Capital: Small Grants programme funding will go towards improving energy efficiency, upgrading existing facilities, and developing digital technologies.
Among the funding recipients are:
- Creative Kernow in Cornwall, to help build an environmentally sustainable workspace
- Bow Arts in London, to help it harvest rainwater and generate energy on-site
- M6 Theatre in Rochdale, to buy a green touring van
- Colchester Arts Centre, to boost its energy efficiency and tech infrastructure
- and Herbert Art Gallery and Museum in Coventry, to reduce its carbon footprint.
"We are able to help organisations of all sizes from across the country develop more sustainable and resilient businesses through these grants, allowing them to produce even more excellent work for the public," says Darren Henley, chief executive of Arts Council England.
The next round of the Capital: Small Grants programme will open in Spring 2019.