Environment Analyst has released its UK Environmental Consulting Service Area Opportunities 2019 report - providing in-depth market data and qualitative analysis of the drivers and constraints across eleven core EC disciplines [see below for full list]. It shines a light on the sector’s hotspots – notably ecology and climate change & energy – as well as those which are less than dynamic such as contaminated land/remediation and waste management, evaluating the future opportunities in each area.
The 58-page report provides commentary and context to our industry data and forecasts, offering an essential reference to aid decision-making, business planning and target-setting in the EC sector.
Members can download the full report here
The UK environmental consulting market has experienced strong growth in recent years as infrastructure and development opportunities have helped the sector shake off the shackles of recession and government austerity (EA 17-Jan-19). And despite international trade disputes, an economic slowdown and Brexit uncertainty, environmental consultants remain upbeat about prospects heading into 2020 (EA 08-Oct-19).
But growth is certainly not universal. Some work areas – such as the ecological/wildlife services – have experienced phenomenal demand of late as land-hungry infrastructure and development projects are driven to prevent irrevocable damage being done to the natural environment. Others – notably waste management – have languished to new lows as policy vacuums have eroded investor support. In this report we also explore:
- Why air quality consultants can expect slow growth to continue despite widespread public demand for localised solutions;
- What impact the Brexit-induced construction downturn is having on contaminated site assessment and remediation services;
- Where the opportunities for impact assessment lie as many of the large national infrastructure schemes move to the construction phase;
- Why future growth in the areas of ESG/sustainability strategy will depend on digital diversification; and
- Why natural capital and biodiversity net gain will keep the ecological juggernaut rolling for many years to come.
Figure 1: Revenue growth trends in top 5 UK EC market service areas, 2012-2022e
The report uses Environment Analyst’s original market data and forecast model, supplemented with industry interviews and analyst insights to provide our take on where each environmental consultancy service area is heading in the post-Brexit world. Service Area Opportunities 2019 sets out historic market data, competitor rankings and future growth projections to 2022, for eleven key consulting service areas:
- Air quality
- Climate change & energy
- Contaminated site assessment/remediation
- Ecological/wildlife services
- Impact Assessment
- Environmental risk & due diligence
- Environmental management & compliance
- Environmental noise & vibration
- Sustainability strategy & ESG
- Waste management/circular economy
- Water quality & resource management
GET THE FULL 58-PAGE REPORT...Environment Analyst's UK Environmental Consulting Service Area Opportunities 2019 report has been released to our UK Market Intelligence Service (MIS) corporate members and may be downloaded from here (members have been sent an email containing password and access details.) Any queries regarding report access or subscriptions please contact Faye-Heslin Jones (e: firstname.lastname@example.org, t: +44 (0) 1743 818008)